|Category||Early Bird Fee
(until July 22, 2013)
(starting July 23, 2013)
|Exhibitor4||2 Free Passes||2 Free Passes|
|Media Partner5||2 Free Press Passes||2 Free Press Passes|
All fees are in Canadian Dollars (CAD) and do not include a 5% GST tax.
Please note that an Early Bird discount is only given for General Delegates. This discount is available until July 22.
Your registration is confirmed only when it is paid in full.
General delegate – This category applies to general attendees who are not any of the following: presenters of approved papers, committee members, full-time students, sponsors, exhibitors or media partners.
1Speaker – This category includes presenters of papers approved for presentation (oral or poster) during the conference. The deadline for speakers to register is July 22, 2013.
2Committee member – This category includes active members of the organizing, technical, and advisory committees, as well as the review panel. Please refer to the Committees section for details and a list of members.
3Student – This category includes undergraduate and graduate students pursuing full-time studies in areas relevant to the conference themes (mineral processing, hydrometallurgy, mining, environmental and related disciplines). To register in this category, delegates must provide proof of their full-time enrolment status for the 2013-2014 academic year. Please forward the documents to the Conference Coordinators prior to completing the online registration form. The general fee will be charged if full-time student status is not confirmed at the time of registration.
4Exhibitor – This registration category is only available for those companies that have bought sponsorships with exhibition (booth) options. Each sponsoring company in the Exhibition category (this includes Platinum, Gold and Silver sponsors) is entitled to 2 exhibitor passes to staff their booth. These passes are intended for non-technical personnel (eg. sales or marketing staff) and do not include any of the following: conference registration, conference materials, access to technical sessions, dinner ticket. Exhibitor passes do include morning and afternoon coffee breaks (Monday, September 23 through Wednesday, September 25), lunches (Monday through Wednesday), and the welcome reception (Sunday, September 22).
If exhibitors wish to attend technical sessions, they must register for the conference as delegates. Exhibitor pass codes will be sent to the exhibiting companies once their sponsorship has been paid in full and their company added to the registration system.
5Media partner – This registration category applies to media partners associated with the Heap Leach 2013 conference. For the list of partners please refer to the Media Partners section of this website. Each media partner is entitled to 2 free press passes that will enable them to attend and cover the conference in their respective media. Press passes will be sent only to those media partners that have signed a partnership agreement and have promoted the conference at various stages of its development. Press passes do not include dinner tickets.
6Short courses – Short courses are not included in the conference registration fees and must be paid for separately. The short courses will take place on Sunday, September 22. Please visit the Short Courses section for course descriptions and other details. To register for one of the courses, please add it to your total purchase. Please note that each course is a full-day course, therefore please only register for one course.
7Dinner – The dinner function is not included in the conference registration fee and a separate ticket(s) must be purchased for this function. The dinner will take place on Tuesday, September 24 at the Stanley Park Pavilion. Please see below for more details. If you wish to attend the dinner, please add a ticket(s) to your total purchase.
The registration fee in the above categories (with the exception of exhibitors and media partners) includes:
- Access to technical presentations and an adjacent trade show
- Social functions (welcome reception, coffee breaks and lunches)
- Delegate bag and the seminar proceedings
The registration fee does not include:
- Dinner – If you wish to attend the dinner function, please follow the instructions on the online registration form and add a dinner ticket to your registration.
- Social function tickets for guests – One ticket to each social function (except the dinner) is included in your delegate fee. However, if you wish to bring a spouse or a colleague to any of the social functions, additional tickets must be purchased for your guests. Please follow the instructions on the registration form and add tickets to your registration.
- Short courses – If you wish to attend one of the short courses, please follow the instructions on the online registration form and add a course of your choice to your registration. Please note that each course is a full-day course, therefore you can only attend one course.
- Accommodations, airfares, meals not otherwise mentioned, transfers or any other travel-related expenses – Delegates are responsible for paying all travel expenses associated with their participation in this conference. For accommodations at the venue hotel – Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown Hotel – please visit the Venue/Accommodations section. Hotel reservations are not managed by the conference organizers, please contact the hotel staff directly with any accommodations related questions.
- Sightseeing tours – Tours are not managed by the conference organizers. If you wish to take advantage of your stay in Vancouver and do a bit of traveling around, please see the Tourism Vancouver website at www.tourismvancouver.com.
Stanley Park Pavilion – Tuesday, September 24, 6:00 to 9:00 pm
The Heap Leach Conference dinner will be held at the Stanley Park Pavilion near downtown Vancouver. Nestled amidst the famous Stanley Park Rose Gardens, the Pavilion is Vancouver’s preeminent banqueting venue, with the rustic charm of a classic mountain chalet, surrounded by the natural beauty that only Stanley Park, Vancouver’s crown jewel, can offer.
Social functions, with the exception of the dinner, are included in the conference registration fee. However, if a delegate wishes to bring a spouse or a colleague to the social functions, extra tickets must be purchased for those functions.
Reception and lunches – CAD 50/person
Dinner – CAD 120/person